Data Scientist Engineer SERTIT
- Employeur : Administration
- Région : Grand Est
- Publication : 30/08/2022
- Référence : 227-004
- Pourvue : Non
SERTIT,a platform of the ICube laboratory, within the University of Strasbourg, aims to extract and to format information from image data produced by Earth Observation systems. SERTIT is an intermediary between space research, digital technologies and operational user needs. SERTIT uses space-borne Earth Observation data transforming them into geo- information, easy-to-use in decision support systems. Within the perspective: Space serving the Earth, the foundation of our service offer, we take care in continuously accounting for user wishes and needs, the growing potential offered by space technologies and the latest developments in terms of remote sensing research.
To join our team in Strasbourg, France, we are looking for an engineer specialized in image processing.
The role :
- Development and optimization of scientific algorithms for the exploitation of satellite imagery
- Take a leading role in the implementation of machine / deep learning algorithms and methods.
- Closely collaborate with a team of geoscience and remote sensing engineers to define functional and technical aspects of the algorithm development
- Being an active member of SERTIT’s Rapid Mapping Service of SERTIT, involved in the map production within the framework of several international satellite-based emergency response mechanisms (training provided). This is a 24/7 service and involves on-call duty and sometimes working nights and weekends.